Welcome survivor, all the latest information regarding the game can be found here.
Got Discord? Want to get in touch with the dev and some of the players? Check out the server box below and click 'Connect' to be invited to the official Parallax Effect Discord server!
Add the developer Danstarr13 to your friends list too!
** You must have a registered and email activated Discord account to join the server! **
Apologies for the slight delay in this weeks update. I have finally made progress towards setting up some dedicated servers. I have also updated the game engine to a more recent version granting some performance improvements and new features. I am hoping to finish the dedicated server setup this week if all goes to plan, however in the mean time, some more in depth notes on this weeks update. NOTE! Please don't be alarmed by the large 500+ mb update size, this is a biproduct of upgrading the game engine to a newer version which contains a large amount of new data which must be updated. The large update size is also caused by the work I have done preparing the game for having dedicated server compatibility (pretty important stuff!)
- Added water ripple effect when swimming
- Added swimming sound effects when moving in the water
- Added coral which spawns underwater at randomised locations
- Added smoke grenade (ID 241)
- Added gas grenade (ID 242)
- Added shotgun pellet spread (shotguns no longer fire a single projectile with 100% accuracy), this means shotgun shells will now fire a random number of pellets (between 4 and 8) at varying angles spraying outwards from the initial firing point. Each pellet deals its own individual damage to any damagable target it hits. So the closer you are to an enemy, the higher chance you have of multiple pellets hitting and dealing damage. I am open to feedback depending on how fair you think the spread of pellets and damage is and will be tweaking it in the coming updates based on how it is received by players
- Fixed a very very very very very annoying bug that has been reported at least 1000 times by now which causes the players collision to sometimes glitch through the floor when toggling between crouch/standing and prone
- Upgraded game engine version to newer release
- Built and integrated support for new dedicated server files
- Fixed a bug causing ammunition to disappear when a magazine is loaded into an already loaded weapon
- Minor tweaks and optimisation improvements
By registering an account with the site you can not only show your support for me as an indie developer but also gain special membership perks such as the ability to track survival statistics and collect cosmetic skins for in-game items! To register now, just click the login/register button in the top right of your screen!
Hey everyone, you probably don't know who I am so here you go. I go by the screen name of Danstarr13, I'm 18 and I live in Australia. I started getting into game design in 2014 and am the sole developer for my game "The Parallax Effect" (in other words I'm an indie dev). I have made this website to showcase how it looks so far and what is currently being done in terms of development (bearing in mind the game is in the very early stages of pre-alpha). Feel free to have a look around and check everything out. The game is now downloadable on Steam for Windows and I hope to have a Mac version available soon. Anyway, thanks for visiting my website, and be sure to share it to anyone you know who might be interested to help spread the word, I'd really appreciate it!
The Parallax Effect was chosen to be developed using Unreal Engine 4. It has proven to be an excellent choice for the game and should hopefully continue to be. So far development is looking great! At the moment you can expect fortnightly updates following the initial v0.0.1 release. Keep checking the website for frequent development updates and news that I will post above as often as possible. The latest development blog is always on the front page of the site (this page) right up the top! You can even click the back to top button below if you're too lazy to scroll.
Copyright © 2017-2018 Danstarr13