Welcome survivor, all the latest information regarding the game can be found here.
Got Discord? Want to get in touch with the dev and some of the players? Check out the server box below and click 'Connect' to be invited to the official Parallax Effect Discord server!
Add the developer Danstarr13 to your friends list too!
** You must have a registered and email activated Discord account to join the server! **
It's update day again, and as always, all changes are listed below. In summary, this week was focused on the implementation of some new weapons which I've been meaning to get around to for some time now. Some additional improvements were also made and the following week will be focusing more on bugfixes.
- Added the Patriot (ID 213) a semi automatic revolver which is now the most powerful pistol in the game based on damage per shot
- Added the Harrier (ID 214) a fully automatic assault rifle similar to the Lantana but significantly more powerful. The gun is of legendary rarity however has a smaller than expected magazine
- Added the Stryker (ID 215) a fully automatic shotgun, the first item of godly rarity level. Currently based on the latest stats, this weapon is the new best gun in the game based on potential damage per second. Expect to have to travel to the far northern regions of the map to even have a chance of finding this weapon.
- Added 6 round Patriot clip (ID 216)
- Added 30 round Harrier magazine (ID 217)
- Added 20 round Stryker Drum (ID 218) (rather generous for a fully auto shotty, I may be reducing this if it is too OP. Let me know your thoughts in the Discord server)
- Updated loading screens to latest screenshots from the game
- Updated Steam store page images to latest screenshots from the game
- Re-built entire weapon aiming system to fix alignment issues when aiming down sights
- Added feature where the character shown on the main menu map will now have your last worn set of gear equipped from your latest save game
- Adjusted weights for some items
- Adjusted capacity of some storage units
- Adjusted capacity of some clothing items
- Added Suitcase (ID 219)
By registering an account with the site you can not only show your support for me as an indie developer but also gain special membership perks such as the ability to track survival statistics and collect cosmetic skins for in-game items! To register now, just click the login/register button in the top right of your screen!
Hey everyone, you probably don't know who I am so here you go. I go by the screen name of Danstarr13, I'm 18 and I live in Australia. I started getting into game design in 2014 and am the sole developer for my game "The Parallax Effect" (in other words I'm an indie dev). I have made this website to showcase how it looks so far and what is currently being done in terms of development (bearing in mind the game is in the very early stages of pre-alpha). Feel free to have a look around and check everything out. The game is now downloadable on Steam for Windows and I hope to have a Mac version available soon. Anyway, thanks for visiting my website, and be sure to share it to anyone you know who might be interested to help spread the word, I'd really appreciate it!
The Parallax Effect was chosen to be developed using Unreal Engine 4. It has proven to be an excellent choice for the game and should hopefully continue to be. So far development is looking great! At the moment you can expect fortnightly updates following the initial v0.0.1 release. Keep checking the website for frequent development updates and news that I will post above as often as possible. The latest development blog is always on the front page of the site (this page) right up the top! You can even click the back to top button below if you're too lazy to scroll.
Copyright © 2017-2018 Danstarr13